How to manage load balancers from different vendors
IT infrastructure expands gradually as the needs of a business become grow, and eventually includes hardware and software from many different vendors. IT components can be relics of the specific needs of period they were installed rather than part of a comprehensive or longer-term plan. This can be seen with servers, storage, networking hardware, cloud services and, for the Kemp’s enterprise and service provider customers, the load balancers they use for application delivery.
There are advantages to having diverse IT hardware and software, for example protection against an attack or virus disrupting all the systems at the same time. Disadvantages include increased complexity of support and management as various products and services come with separate management tools.
Single pane of glass
Many strategies have been employed to reduce the complexity of IT management. Cross-platform management tools and the languages like Microsoft PowerShell have simplified the automation of server system and application management.
Kemp provides award-winning load balancers and application delivery controllers (ADCs), but also meet the requirements of customers who need to manage non-Kemp load balancers. Customers may have legacy load balancers that are fit-for-purpose and may not be cost effective or practical to replace immediately. Instead of always pushing rip and replace, we offer Kemp 360, which has the unique ability to manage and control across multiple clouds and multiple load balancing vendors.
Kemp 360 Central is cross-platform management software for load balancers providing:
- Centralized application delivery to minimize administration effort with group management of application delivery controllers from a single interface.
- Full ability to deploy, analyze and configure load balancing infrastructure whether it is:
- on-site (physical, virtual, XEN, Hyper-V, VMware)
- in the cloud (AWS, Azure, VMware Cloud on AWS, Nutanix, CenturyLink Cloud)
- in hybrid cloud
- Full visibility of graphs and data for load balancers from F5, AWS ELB, NGiNX, HAProxy and Kemp.
- Fast identification and resolution of capacity and performance issues, through real-time performance and capacity analytics
- Configuration management of load balancers, ensuring consistent application of policies and configurations with reduced implementation errors.
- Metered licensing prevent overspending on load balancer capacity to meet predicted or unexpected demand.
- Rapid deployment of new load balancer instances with responsive, seamless provisioning and DevOps capabilities.
- Extensive automation of everyday load balancing work to facilitate high quality, low oversight operability in most scenarios.
Kemp 360 gives the reassurance that you can easily deploy, control, and update your load balancing infrastructure with minimal risk and stress. Administrators don’t need to be experts with different load balancers, instead they can use the Kemp 360 Central management console as a single pane of glass to support them all.
Choosing Kemp for your organization will give you a modern, cost-effective, cross-platform, smart system that provides a better application experience to your users and allows your IT staff to be more productive. Visit Kemp.AX for information, videos and demos on how Kemp 360 Central can help your organization.